Par Bay Bike Hire – Bike Hire Manager with immediate start
Employer: Hunter Grange Investments Ltd
Location: Tywardreath & Par, Cornwall
Salary or business opportunity
Closing date for applications: 15th May 2016
We are looking a practical and responsible person to run the Par Bay Bike Hire Scheme. This is a unique employment opportunity for an ambitious, determined person with a keen interest in bikes and cycling. We are prepared to provide the financial support and guidance to turn this job opportunity into becoming your own business.
The Par Bay Bike Hire Scheme is a social enterprise created by Josh Taylor to share his experience as young entrepreneur to inspire and guide other people to run this scheme with his support. Josh is a partner in a business incubator and property investment company in Tywardreath village which operates for the social and economic benefit of the local community. During the start-up phase of the bike hire scheme Josh invited 10 young people aged from 18-30 who live in the PL24 area to get involved in the very early stages of this business taking it from an idea into being ready to launch. He shared with them the progress he has made and asked for their help in making decisions about creating a logo, building the website, buying the bikes and equipment and collaborating with people to make this venture happen. Josh has lead the project and raised the funding to get it started, the scheme is ready to launch all he needs is to find someone to run the daily bike hire operation, he will continue to oversee it as either the owner or investor in the business.
This person will either be employed by Hunter Grange Investments Ltd on a six month contract to run the bike hire scheme during the busy summer period or self employed and operating the scheme as their own business and offering bike maintenance and repairs to run it all year round, growing it with on-going support from our business incubator.
Ideally we want to find someone who lives in the PL24 postcode area, who has a van, excellent people skills and experience in running a bike hire scheme or bike shop. You don’t need to be a keen cyclist or bike mechanic but you do need to be willing to learn, get your hands dirty and be prepared to get involved in cycling activities.
This opportunity will suit someone who wants to start their own business but they have something holding them back from getting it off the ground – that may be having the start-up funds or needing to find the confidence.
They will also be responsible for maintaining an efficient, productive and safe working environment. You will need a driving licence and good driving standards to deliver and collect bikes. You will be required to manage the business, arrange bike hire times with customers, take payments, deliver and collect bikes from our drop off locations in PL24.
You will be required to maintain the hire bikes and have the experience to service all makes and models of bikes, including old models.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Answering calls from clients and arranging bike hire times
- Managing a stock of hire bikes
- Taking card payments from customers including a deposit
- Transporting bikes to and from different locations
- Identifying faults, damage and wear on bikes and equipment
- Carrying out minor repairs e.g. repairing punctures
- Repairing/replacing damaged or worn-out components
- Wheel truing/building
- Carrying out routine services and safety checks
- Cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bicycles and components
- Self-motivated and work at own initiative, maintaining consistently high standard of workmanship without supervision and work within time scales
- Gives effective ideas of how things could work more efficiently – new processes, equipment required etc
- Literate – must keep accurate worksheets / maintenance checklists
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop environment
- Excellent technical knowledge – ability to work on any type of bike to a high standard from a small puncture to a full bike build from scratch
- An eye for detail
- Good communication skills and a great phone manner
- Good organisational skills – prioritise jobs, schedule bike hire, maintain tidy workstation, keeping paperwork in order.
How to Apply
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Feel free to call Josh on 01726 339540 if you have any questions.
We do not deal with recruitment agencies or consultants.