Job role: Manager of Tywardreath Village Shop and team leader.
Salary: £18,000+ with a profit share and additional benefits.
40+ hours a week
This is an opportunity to work with our shop team to oversee a rapidly expanding, socially beneficial, independent convenience store with a newspaper round, home delivery service and mail order local food hamper sales.
The shop is open 7am – 8pm 7 days a week, it is the hub of the village and serves an important role to this community. As a business we are focused on developing a local produce supply chain around us and encouraging local people to run their own venture to supply the shop. We are investing in expanding the shop premises and delivering more services to benefit our loyal and engaged customers.
We’ll need you to be a confident and engaging leader, with a consistent record of developing and leading teams of various sizes and ability in the retail industry. You must be prepared to work weekends and be available to do morning shifts which start at 5.30am or the evening shifts which end at 8.30pm. Community is a huge focus for us so we’ll look for you to understand the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community. You’ll also have a great track record in increasing business performance and forecasting for the future.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor your team to deliver fantastic customer service
- Create a great working environment for your team
- Build strong links with the local community
- Lead the team to maximise sales
- Be a role model to your team by taking pride in preparing, handling and presenting products
- Be a commercial leader, looking into new ways to increase sales, and improve store performance
- Create a store environment that is safe and secure for everyone
- React quickly and positively to changing priorities within store
We want to hear from you if:
- You’ve got previous retail management experience and are prepared to work weekends.
- You’re an inspiring and engaging leader with a proven track record.
- You understand the importance of building relationships with your local community.
- You’re commercially aware and have a track record of improving business performance.
- You enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues on the shop floor.
- You can effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities.
Please private message us via our facebook page @tywardreathshop or email your CV to email@example.com Our HR manager will send an application form and further information to shortlisted candidates within 24 hours.
We will not respond to any recruitment agencies and we are not able to take telephone calls from candidates about this position until we have offered them an interview.