On the 31st August we shared our latest news update and this is what has happened as a result. Thank you to all the people and businesses who have told us they are behind us all the way, we couldn’t feel prouder of what we have achieved together. It’s more than saved this village shop, it’s putting it on the map!
In just 12 days we have:
- Had our best ever figures in the shop for turnover, footfall and basket spend.
- Sold 33 business innovation and training packages worth £165,000 to large companies keen to learn from us and join our quarterly advisory board mastermind sessions to help us do more for our community.
- Ocean Housing the leading provider of social housing in Cornwall are one of the innovative local businesses who have booked a creative thinking day with Trudy and Josh in October and will be getting involved in our advisory board activities to share their experience with us.
- 17 new companies have been referred to us from businesses who have had our training.
- People from all over the UK have pledged £80k in peer to peer pledges to support our venture.
- Pre-allocated £120k worth of shares to our original loan pledgers before we issue them on the 25th September.
- Trudy has written a series of guest columnist articles for RN, the weekly magazine for independent retailers, about how we have used social media to help turnaround our village shop.
- Lots of our local suppliers have come up with useful ideas for our birthday celebrations and how they want to be involved in our expansion into next door.
- And we’ve launched an art competition to create a picture for our new range of Tywardreath Shop cards to celebrate the talent of our customers and supporters.
September is already turning out to be a fantastic month for us, we are really looking forward to the 23rd when we celebrate our 1st year of trading in the shop and being a catalyst for change.
There’s still time to make a pledge before the 21st of September before we close the opportunity to make a peer to peer loan and have the chance to buy shares in this venture in the future.
If you know a business who would benefit from our training package we are only offering 100 companies the chance to work alongside us in the next year. If they tell us you recommended us to them we will send you a gift hamper of local goodies from Tywardreath Village Shop to thank you.