So proud of our little shop!
We’ve all worked so hard to make this shop a success for the village.
Thank you to all who have supported us.
- Over 100,000 people have walked through our doors since we have opened!
- 19 local people from Tywardreath work here delivering papers, doing home deliveries, running the shop and managing the business.
- 8 local people deliver over 700+ papers a week to Tywardreath.
- We sell over 60 different products from local producers, makers and artists by enabling people to start their own business with our help.
- We have lowered hundreds of prices and increased our range to over 1,500 products.
- We deliver to 30 local house bound people who rely on us for their essential groceries and their only connection to village life.
- We are open 13 hours a day, 7 days a week. In 365 days we only shut for ½ a day on Christmas Day!
- We’ve installed a cashpoint, a card payment terminal and a PayPoint machine to pay your bills, utilities, phone credit and more!
- We have raised money and donated prizes to 9 local charities, all the major village events and local schools.
- We cleared a mudslide across Well Street, replaced a memorial bench & did a poster campaign to reduce dog mess in the village.
- We are now a top retailer for Trewithen Dairy products between St Austell and Plymouth – from being the 200th+ a year ago!
- Over 2000 people follow us on Facebook and 1000+ on Twitter. Social media has really helped us connect with our fans.
- We’ve had publicity in all the local papers, BBC Radio Cornwall, been the cover story and regularly quoted in RN the retail trade magazine.
- We’ve written articles for Virgin.com, which have been shared online by over 5,000 people, including by Sir Richard Branson.